Billy Bookcases to Built-Ins
Now almost a year after our big move I have learned some things.
1. No matter how big the kitchen pantry is, it will always be full of something. Currently in our pantry - food, dishes, step stool, garage vacuum, craft stuff...
2. Regardless of where the laundry room is there will always be clothes scattered around the house - it's just a kid thing.
3. No matter how awesome your backyard swingset is, the kids will ALWAYS still prefer to go to the park.
4. Just like the kitchen pantry, the bedroom closets fill up too - no matter how big they are!
5. I can't lie, having an office is awesome and I spend much of my time in there.
6. And my fantasy about a highly functional upstairs loft was a little disappointing. I still found that my kids wanted to take their toys and games downstairs. Probably in large part because our loft was the "neglected" room in the house. It became the bland open space in the house that random pieces of furniture lived. An old couch and rug, a lime green dresser, a desk with a TV and broken DVD player. No wonder the kids didn't want to go in there.
It was time for a change! I started scouring blogs, pinterest and google image searches for ideas to make a higher functioning and welcoming upstairs loft! When I saw this post on Centsational Girl I knew I had found a winner! Check out how she transformed her walls from drab to fab by turning Ikea Billy Bookcases into built-ins!
Her Before :
Posted by Belva June at Saturday, January 07, 2012